This KVK was established in 1996 at Saraiya, Muzaffarpur. It is situated 30 Km away from Muzaffarpur in Saraiya Block. This KVK works under the guidance of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Pusa Samastipur. The total land under agriculture is 7.0 ha in which seed production programme carried out. Frontline demonstration, onfarm trial and Training to the farmers and extension personal to update their knowledge in agriculture technology especially in the field of Agronomy, Horticulture, Home Science, Soil Science, Plant Pathology, Beekeeping, Mushroom cultivation, vermicomposting, low cost storage facility of fruits ,vegetables and onion is carried out by Subject Matter Specialist (SMS).
Mandate and Activities
The mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development.
To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for each KVK
- On-farm testing to assess the location specific agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields.
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies.
- To work as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers.
In addition, KVKs produce quality technological products (seed, planting material and bio-agents) make it available to farmers, organize frontline extension activities, identify and document selected farm innovations and converge with ongoing schemes and programs within the mandate of KVK.